Welcome to the blog, sort of like a digital garden where dreams are planted and grow wild! My name is Quianna and my family calls me “Qui” like key! I’m a traveling photographer based in Scottsdale and the Bay Area.
I love adventures and creating memories even more than I love photographing them—and I LOVE taking photos! In addition to capturing weddings, family milestones, and the best memories I also offer business tools, motivation and inspiration to help creatives turn their passions into their profession. We only get this one life, why not live our days doing what we love?
Creating your wedding guest list is like painting your bedroom… it’s fun for the first 5 minutes then it’s just annoying and actually kind of painful trying to make everything perfect! Start with these quick tips to help get your first draft started!
1. SHOW ME THE MONEYYY First, consider your budget! Before you start scrolling your Facebook list of friends and family or crack open your mom’s old address book to start scanning… make sure you get a guesstimate of guests!
2. VENUE CAPACITY Sometimes your church or wedding venue dictates your head count! Ensure you are picking a location that can accommodate all of your guests before making it official!
3. THINK AHEAD Before you send out invites to your engagement party and bridal shower make sure whoever you’re inviting will ALSO be included on your wedding list! Hello awkward turtle if a coworker or your spin class friend is invited to one and not the other!
4. PLUS ONE’S? Decide on “Plus-One” invites you wanna send! There’s no need to pay extra and include strangers on your wedding day! Engaged couples, significant others that have been around for years and wedding party guests should get a +1! Don’t feel bad about telling your friends their tinder dates aren’t welcome! 🤣
5. ASK MOM + DAD It may be scary to go down this slippery slope… but don’t forget to start the conversation with your parents about the guest list right away! They’ll have their opinions and you’ll want to get that squared away ASAP!
6. NEED A TIE BREAKER? Aren’t sure if someone makes the cut? Take a quick scroll through your phone… haven’t received a text or phone call from them in over a year? Have they even met your fiancé yet? They’re probably a no go!
BONUS: Don’t be afraid to Marie Condo the crap out of your list!!! If they don’t spark joy it’s a hard nope!