Success can be such a hard word to define. Maybe because it’s not a word. It’s a feeling? A status? A state of mind? Something people strive to have, but can’t hold?
With so many opinions flying around it can be hard to decide for yourself what YOU consider success. So I’ve decided to share what I believe makes me successful…
- Remembering to grab a towel before I hop into the shower!
- Selecting the correct tupperware for the amount of left overs.
- Being able to shop at the grocery store and not count my items hoping I have enough money to pay for what I need.
- Making sure to pack my water and snacks for a long wedding day.
- Having at least one day a week when I don’t have to set my alarm for the morning.
- Taking a nap. My best ideas come from day dreaming!
- Having three best friends that love me unconditionally.
- Building a career that brings me more joy than I could have ever imagined.
- Flooding happy tears for happy clients.
- Remembering to send a “Happy Birthday!” text to my cousins before Facebook reminds me!
- Spending my days in yoga pants and my over sized camo sweatshirt.
- When the barista spells my name correctly! (Clearly I am only a regular at one location!)
- Falling in love with a man and his beard, that just happens to love me back.
- Having the ability to travel and never stop educating myself.
- Belting the lyrics perfectly with the wind blowing in my hair, jamming down the highway!
- Completing a full set without giving my trainer Liz the “help me, I’m poor look” from the scene on the plane from Bridesmaids!
- Leaving the nail salon without chipping my toes.
- Finishing a bottle of water. Yes!
- Making happy memories with my crazy family…just sitting around the kitchen table.
- Realizing that dreams do come true, it just takes work. Dedication. Heart. It takes you to make things happen!
That sums up my idea of success. It’s not what I have in the bank. It’s not what others think. Success is happiness in my eyes.
“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.” -AS
What does success mean to you?
With love, Quianna Marie
If you liked this post, you will LOVE these…
Would we click?
Saturday Fun with Ma
Definition of a Photographer: Resourceful
At what point are you successful?