As a woman in the wedding industry, I get it.
I understand girl code and respect all aspects of our unwritten rules regarding memory making and picture taking. Bridesmaids unite, I have your backs!
Here are some rules that apply:
- I will NEVER photograph you eating. Smiling and clinking glasses? YES! No food to the face, you have my word.
- I promise to eliminate and hide back fat. Even the thinnest and fittest girls can have rolls caused by the dress! I see you girl, I promise to help!
- Where to hold the bouquet? I love sharing the perfect tip to help place your flowers in a slimming and flattering way.
- Your cousin invited his on and off girlfriend as his +1? No worries, I have a 6th sense for this kind of stuff! I will include her in a couple pictures, but also make sure to kindly leave her out for a few for Nana’s mantel!
- Encounter a dress malfunction during the bridal portraits? Ex: water droplets on your dress from cold drinks? A strap fail? I got you. The bride will NEVER know!
- You and your date are all dressed up and you bought the perfect tie to match your dress? You bet I will take a cute photo of just the two of you! (Just ask me!)
- Broke or smudged a nail? I know it may seem like the end of the world, but I promise you won’t be able to see them in the photos!
- Your song comes on. It’s loud, crowded and you’re feeling yourself. Go get it girl! I promise to capture fun laughters and arms up. Girl Code: I got you. I promise no booty dropping and sweaty hair shots. Just live it up!
Growing up with lots of girls has taught me tons about girl code! Plus spending so much time with bridesmaids has really added to the list for weddings!
If I left anything out that you would like to add to the list, please share!
If you liked this post, you will LOVE these…