If you’re considering, even for a second to capture some boudoir photos… DO IT! It makes the perfect bridal gift for your fiancé and a wonderful gift for yourself just because!
All sessions are booked exclusively with Retrospect Images Studio located in Santa Clara, Ca. As a natural light photographer this is the only indoor space where I will photograph. With bright light flooding the studio there is no way possible to take a bad photo! It’s seriously a dream!
Upgrades are forever changing in the studio and may appear different on your scheduled date, however I promise they are upgrades and match this clean, bright, and chic style!
I get it. You may be overwhelmed and not too sure of the process… I completely understand it can be nerve wracking… but trust me! It’ll be FUN!
Here are some hints and tips to help ensure a successful shoot!
- Please don’t feel the need to go out and have a Victoria’s Secret shopping spree! It’s best to work with what you have!
- Select lingerie that fits well without being too tight.
- I would suggest selecting white and creams for a gorgeous bridal look and another fun and bright color (black totally rocks, too!)
- Grab a big cozy sweater/robe! Sometimes it’s even sexier when you’re completely covered with cute implies. Plus this is a great option for us to get started so you can get comfortable in front of the camera.
- SHOES! High heels are super sexy. Grab a couple pairs! Clearly, I’m a fan of cowboy boots, too!
- Personal Styles… Sports jerseys, favorite T-Shirts, anything your hubby would LOVE to see you in!
- For a bridal look please don’t forget your veil and garter!
- Footballs, Baseballs, Cowboy hats, anything personal for your love!
- Does your future hubby have a favorite alcohol? Sipping out of a shot glass or even bubbly beer would be adorable! (As per the studio we are unable to drink alcohol on site, but simple props can be photographed and stowed away for the remainder of the shoot).
- Fresh flowers always look great with details, but totally just an extra!
- Also, don’t forget your jewelry! Fun costume jewelry always looks great. Grab your bridal jewelry if you would like detail shots of those as well!
How to Prepare
- Stay away from the spray tan booths! Often times hands and joints will color unevenly, which I will be photographing! Plus the orange spray stains the sheets. This also goes for tinted lotions as well! If you would rather die than skip a spray tan… please bring an extra white blanket or sheet set so we don’t stain any of the existing bedding 😉
- Make sure nails are on point. If getting a mani/pedi is not in the cards, please have clean natural nails. (No chipped nails.)
- Shave legs, underarms, etc. the night before. If waxing please do so at least 48 hours in advance.
- Please remove all tags off new lingerie. This will save time during shooting.
- Screen shot a couple of your must have Pinterest inspired looks! Although exact images and compositions are not guaranteed it will help me create your personal style and preferences! Here’s my inspiration board for more ideas!
- The day of your shoot please arrive with hair and make up ready to go while wearing a light summer dress or yoga pants and top. (Anything that won’t leave indents on your skin.)
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. It’s best to plan for an extra 10 minutes early to ensure plenty of time for locating the studio and parking.Deliver of Images
- Please allow up to three weeks for images to be completed.
- Once they’re ready I will send over a link to your password protected gallery!
- All images will be available via download with copy rights.
- Depending on your collection you will be able to select your favorites for your album! Otherwise you are welcome to print as you wish! Images may be printed and delivered right to your door for your convenience!
- Share the gift for your hubby or keep for yourself and share with your besties!
As you can see my style is very classy with a sexy twist. I shoot every session with intention to ensure your privacy and also… just in case your future son or father somehow comes across these photos they may be in shock, but it won’t forever burn their eyes! I keep this policy for all shoots and wouldn’t have it any other way!
In addition to personal sessions I also offer Bachelorette and Boudoir Parties as well! The hostess will receive tons of fun perks and the girls will enjoy sweet mini sessions! You would be maid of honor of the year!
Looking forward to your shoot!
With Love, Quianna Marie
If you liked this post, you will LOVE these…